Friday, November 6, 2009

The Humble Haiku

I thought I would share my latest creative outlet with anyone who happens to pass by. I am creating Haiku poems for my family for Christmas. I've written the 5/7/5 syllable verses and am in the process of photoshopping them onto photo backgrounds which I will print 8x10 and frame. So far, I'm really happy with the end results. Haiku structure is fascinating to me and really a good vehicle for summarizing one's feelings about a loved one. Choosing the right photographic background can be the biggest challenge, however. After Christmas I might post a few select examples...

41 comments:

  1. 失敗時你可能會失望,但如果不嘗試,將永無希望。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour..............................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unable to give you a heart. so have a reply to push up your post. ........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. 婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 堅持是為著某種目的或目標,而持續不斷朝向既定方向努力的一種意念。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 很喜歡你的部落格,來給你加油,幫你推一下喔~期待你的下一個更新,謝謝................................................

    ReplyDelete

C&C is always welcome!